Sunday, January 20, 2019

Arizona -Phoenix

1/19/19 -Phoenix 
Turns out there is a big storm in Boston which will prevent us from flying home on Sunday.  We have to arrive Tuesday at 1210 am.  In Providence since Boston was booked solid.  This is not surprising knowing our travel history.   So making lemonade!  Staying next two nights in Phoenix.  Nora and John are going to a music festival put on by Nora’s favorite bands.  She will get to go to some meet and greets Sunday since we are staying.  Kate and Patrick want to shop, hit the zoo and the pool so we will see what the day brings.  It’s a two hour drive from Sedona to Phoenix.   

Phoenix Zoo.  Kids gave it a 6/10 on the zoo scale.  It was about 75 degrees and they were hot.  Overall they do a good job keeping lots of shade around.  Loaded with bees which kate wasn’t thrilled about.   My favorite was the burrowing owls and the prairie dogs.  I could watch them all day.   The two germaphobes wouldn’t feed the giraffes which would have been a highlight.   
They were both hungry and Patrick found an Olive Garden.  We drove through Scottsdale first. I would like to go there tomorrow with everyone. But we will see.  Nora has a meet and greet with her favorite bands and John wants to golf.  So who knows where we will end up.  
Back to the room for me and the twins.  Nice double tree in northern Phoenix.  Of course there is a roller coaster next door.  I imagine the kid will end up on it somehow.  
Have a room with a patio to the pool.  Patrick wants to swim but kate doesn’t. I don’t want to have to. Somehow kids never want to do anything by themselves.   Didn’t I have twins so they would entertain each other?   

Actually, after I wrote that we looked out at the pool and it happened that several teenage baseball teams were here. Boys everywhere.   Kate says “can we go buy a new bathing suit.”  Two hours later they are still in the pool.  


Nora and John has a great time at the concert.   Nora’s Facebook post said: 

“Last night was one of the best nights of my life. All of my favorite bands in one place surrounded by amazing friendly people. My cape is signed by other fans from all around the world and I couldn’t be happier about it! An amazing way to end an awesome trip thanks to my parents ❤️❤️❤️




No comments:

Post a Comment