Sunday, February 19, 2023

Barcelona

 









A beautiful drive through the Pyrenees mountains.  Passing lots of old castles and mountains and snow.  


Arriving in Barcelona was another challenge for me. In fairness I could totally blame the GPS that kept sending me down streets that left six inches on both sides of my car.  Eventually we just said F It and dropped the car off at the airport.  Took a taxi who could only get us five blocks from the hotel due to activities going on and road closures.  Hotel was fine. Bare minimum in comparison to the beauty that RoC Blanc was.  The location was worth it because it was right in the middle of the center in the gothic section


This section was quite entertaining.  A Manchester United vs Barcelona futbol game brought in the Britt’s.  Lots of singing and chanting in the streets.  Six story high shoe stores and a Barcelona store caught Patrick’s attention.  We had a marching band outside the window playing lullabies in drunken unity.  Of course a store called dick waffles got some attention.  I had no words seeing it on the Main Street.  


We took the hop on hop off bus and did both routes.  It was so nice to get the tour of the whole city.  I have to say other than the Seguiero Familia I wasn’t a fan of Gaudi. I prefer the pretty Mediterranean look of the apartments with iron balconies    It is a very pretty city with so much character.  Next time I hope to spend some time by the seaport.  But this trip was the perfect sampling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment