Tuesday, April 16, 2019

New York/ Niagra

Niagara Falls. Slowly it turns
We drove from Boston to Niagara in about 8 hours including one filled tank of gas and a stop at ChiK fil A.  
John was staying at the Hampton Inn a fifteen min walk from the falls.   We hit dinner at Rainforest Cafe and the meal wasn’t bad actually.  Then take a walk to the falls.  It was a beautiful night.   50 and clear.  You could hear the falls from a mile away.  What a beautiful view. our passports did not arrive on time to get us to the Canadian side but we were able to get a nice view of the American falls and the bridal veil.  In the morning we would drive to Goat Island to see the horseshoe falls.  Patrick did his research to find that the falls have been steel reinforced to protect them from eroding.  
The next day we had dinner at the Anchor bar per recommendation of Carol from work.  Definitely a must see for the original buffalo chicken recipe.  John managed to eat twenty wings. Then John and the kids went to the final four game at the KeyBank arena.  While I went to walrmart to stock up on the forgotten items for the rest of the trip.  
While in Walmart I had time to kill and a woman came up to me in a motorized cart and is telling the story of her overweight sister in law and how she missed her birthday and wanted to find her something nice.  I make a suggestion and next thing you know she has me running through the store putting outfits together.  I informed her three times I did not work there but I think she interpreted it as I was shopping not working.  (Off the clock)  she was very sweet and we found some possibilities. Not sure why people always think I am an employee at target and Walmart,,, maybe it’s the full cart?



No comments:

Post a Comment